9

LION AMONG WOLVES 
— 09. Lord Walder Frey

  At where Robb's army set came, Annalys stood in Robb's tent with Robb, Theon, Greatjon Umber, and the rest of the banner men

At where Robb's army set came, Annalys stood in Robb's tent with Robb, Theon, Greatjon Umber, and the rest of the banner men. Robb and Annalys were discussing strategies with several of their advisors, seeing as though Robb had named Annalys his second in command, much to everyone's dismay and shock. Most didn't trust Annalys, but were forced to act like they did because Robb had ordered them to. She hadn't proven herself worthy yet and until then, she didn't have everyone's trust.

"The Riverlords are falling back with Jaime Lannister at their heels. And Lord Tywin is bringing around a second Lannister army from the South. Our scouts confirm it's even larger than the Kingslayer's." Robb explained, causing Annalys' eyes to widen in shock.

"Both Tywin and Jaime?" She asked Robb, who nodded his head in response, "I suppose we'll have our work cut out for us, won't we?"

"One army or two, the Kings in the North threw back hosts ten times this large," Greatjon remarked, causing Annalys to smile and shake her head.

Just then, Catelyn and Ser Rodrick arrived at the tent, causing the whole group of lords to stand up and bow to bow to her while Robb and Annalys turned to face her, "Mother!" Robb exclaimed in shock.

  Catelyn was quiet for a long moment, staring intently at her son, "You look well." She told her son with a smile on her face before she turned her head to look directly at Annalys, who stood beside Robb.

"Catelyn," Annalys greeted the elder woman, bowing her head, "It's good to see you."

"Annalys, you should be in Winterfell!" Catelyn scolded Annalys, "If the Lannisters get ahold you--"

Annalys grinned at how worried Catelyn was for her wellbeing, "You really think I would stay at Winterfell while all of this is happening?" She questioned the redhead.

"Mother, you said it yourself when you left to find Father. I need Annalys. I need her right now," Robb reminded her mother, who slowly nodded her head in agreement.

"You're right. I did say that." Catelyn replied, just before Greatjon spoke up.

"Lady Catelyn, you're a welcome sight in these troubled times," Greatjon greeted the woman.

  "We had not thought to meet you here, My Lady," Theon remarked.

"I had not thought to be here. I had not thought to be here," Catelyn responded in a calm tone, glancing around at all of the lords, "I would speak with my son and Annalys alone. I know you will forgive me, My Lords."

Greatjon turned to address the rest of the lords, "You heard her!" He told the group loudly, "Move your asses! Come on, out."

Everyone in the tent began to leave and when he saw Theon not move from his spot, Greatjon turned to him, "You too, Greyjoy. Are you bloody deaf?" He complained, pushing Theon toward the exit before turning to Catelyn, "Have no fear, My Lady. We'll shove our swords up Tywin Lannister's bunghole, and then it's on to the Red Keep to free Ned."