16

LION AMONG WOLVES
— 16. Bring Her Back

   At Kings Landing, in Tywin's study, Cersei entered, looking enraged as she glared at both Tywin and Tyrion, who sat together at Tywin's desk, "Did you know about this?" She asked them, practically near tears as she held up the letter that infor...

   At Kings Landing, in Tywin's study, Cersei entered, looking enraged as she glared at both Tywin and Tyrion, who sat together at Tywin's desk, "Did you know about this?" She asked them, practically near tears as she held up the letter that informed her of Annalys and Robb's marriage, "Did you know that Annalys, my daughter, married that the Stark boy?"

  Tyrion's eyes widened, clearly not knowing about the marriage while Tywin looked calm, since he already knew about it, "Yes, in fact, I did," He responded in a calm tone, looking as if he didn't care about it, "What of it?"

"She is my daughter, your blood!" Cersei practically shouted at Tywin, moving closer to the table before slamming her hands down on it, "We have to do something. Before they try to do something to her. I can't let her be there any longer. Who knows what they did to force her into that marriage."

Tyrion scoffed, looking up at Cersei with an incredulous look, "Do you know Annalys at all?" She asked his elder sister, "That girl wouldn't let anyone force her to do anything. She would kill herself before being forced to do anything against her will. She married Robb for love, if it isn't obvious."

"She did not marry this boy for love," Cersei snapped at Tyrion, glaring at him, "If she wasn't forced, she did it out of fear. She doesn't want to come back home because of Joffrey. She fears what he'll do to her, as do I."

"Well then, what do you expect me to do about Annalys?" Tywin asked, sounding as if helping Annalys was the last thing he wanted to do.

  "Bring her back!" Cersei exclaimed, Tyrion looking almost shocked that Tywin hadn't scolded her for raising her voice to him.

"I could've sworn you just said Joffrey would harm her if she came back," Tyrion remarked, causing Cersei to turn her head to look directly at him instead of at their father.

"I am her mother, I will protect her," She pointed out to Tyrion, sounding confident when talking about her ability to protect her daughter from her psychotic son, "As I always have."

"What if Annalys did the right thing by marrying Robb?" Tyrion asked Cersei, glancing between her and their father, "She loves him, he loves her. She's the Queen of the North now. She is the only person who can convince Robb Stark to end this war. This marriage could help us form an al---"

"No!" Cersei nearly shouted at Tyrion furiously, "There is no way I'm going to wait months for her to make peace with them for us. Gods knows what he does to her every night as he forces himself on her."

"Why do you always expect the worst of men?" Tyrion bluntly asked Cersei, growing annoyed with his sister always expecting not just the worse in men, but people in general.

"All men are the same and there is no way I'm going to let my daughter be forced to spend her life in a horrific marriage with the Stark boy," She paused, taking a deep breath as she began to calm tone, a single tear falling down her cheek, which was hard to notice, but Tyrion was able to, "I've sent a raven to almost every house in Westeros and one to the Stark boy as well, telling everyone that I will pay any man a gracious amount if they bring my daughter back home unharmed."