Arc 14-627: Nanman's Oracle

These two gadgets are the same, but they are actually windmills, the kind children play with.

As for the other one, it was an ivory comb, which was said to have been obtained by an overseas merchant from a foreign land, and was made of the teeth of a creature called an elephant.

However, the people of the Great Zhou Dynasty did not know what an elephant was, because there were no elephants in the Great Zhou Dynasty.

People don't really believe that any animal's teeth can be made into a comb. If it weren't for this kind of ivory comb, which is more delicate and beautiful in appearance, I am afraid it would not be sold at all.

There are not many such ivory combs now. Xiao Wangjun's heart suddenly moved when he heard the word elephant. There was obviously no elephant in the Great Zhou Dynasty, but when he heard this term, his mind was full of emotions. The appearance of an elephant appeared inexplicably, and he didn't know whether it was because he had seen an elephant before, or he had dreamed about it in his dreams, or he was just thinking wildly.

So he bought this ivory comb back, and after he bought it, he kept staring at each other. Now all he thinks about is the word elephant. It seems that he wants to recall something through these two words.

Xiao Wangjun sometimes feels that his current state is a little weird, but he can't tell what is weird, maybe it's because he was reborn once, that's why he's so weird, after all, he can't even be reborn. Having such experiences...then no matter how weird things are, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Of course Gu Zhili didn't know what an elephant was, and he didn't see what animal's teeth this ivory comb was.

Maybe those overseas businessmen are deceiving people, maybe it's just that they don't have it here, some overseas businessmen can always bring some relatively novel objects.

They would see more at the border, so Gu Zhili didn't think there was anything weird. If there was anything weird, it would be that Xiao Wangjun's reaction was a bit weird.

He always felt that the emperor seemed to care too much about this comb, and after buying this comb, he always lost his mind. When they came back, the other party almost tripped over a stone while walking.

Being so absent-minded and not knowing what he was thinking, Gu Zhili hesitated, whether he should ask.

If I asked myself, this is the emperor's secret, then I shouldn't.

If the emperor wanted to say something, the other party should have told him directly?

When Gu Zhili arrived at the tea, he saw Xiao Wangjun continued to look at the comb, dazed, the other's fingers touched the teeth of the comb bit by bit, as if he was touching some rare object.

"The emperor would like a glass of water?"

Gu Zhili's voice brought Xiao Wangjun back to his senses, he was really thirsty, so he casually drank most of the water that Gu Zhili gave him.

"...The emperor likes this comb very much?"

After Xiao Wangjun finished drinking the water, Gu Zhili still asked.

Xiao Wangjun froze for a moment, took the comb and played with it for a while, and finally put it in Gu Zhili's hand.

"It's just a gadget. I don't like it or not. I just bought it for fun."

Gu Zhili didn't understand what the other party was doing with this thing in his hands, and when he was about to ask, Xiao Wangjun said, "I'll give it to you, you can play with it as you like, and if you don't want to use it, just throw it aside."