Arc 14-638: The emperor ran away again

Among the nails caught here in the northern border, one of the most problematic ones is actually the general.

Such a big matter must be reported to the imperial court, but apart from reporting to the imperial court, Gu Zhili also received a letter from his family.

Old Marshal Gu and the others certainly don't know Gu Zhili's real situation in the palace, whether it is the commander of the Imperial Forest Army or traveling with the emperor, although these seem to be very beautiful things, the things in the palace are inherently complicated , In the eyes of others, things that are glorious and glorious may also be cooking oil in a raging fire.

So even though Marshal Gu and his family wanted to tell Gu Zhili about the situation in the northern border, in order not to let this family letter fall into the hands of others and cause trouble for Gu Zhili, this family letter was also written in Written in code words.

When Xiao Wangjun came in from the outside, he saw Gu Zhili reading the family letter.

Gu Zhili's expression was very peaceful and serene, but his temperament seemed different at the moment, maybe it was because the other party was homesick.

Xiao Wangjun felt that Gu Zhili seemed a little fragile at this moment.

So he walked over, and when Gu Zhili looked over, he put his arms around his waist.

"Are you homesick?"

Gu Zhili was slightly taken aback, he wasn't homesick, he was just thinking about something. Before he could answer this sentence, he heard Xiao Wangjun say again: "Since you are homesick, then this time the princess is going to get married, so let's go together."

Gu Zhili was stunned again, then looked at Xiao Wangjun suddenly.

"The emperor said..."

"That's right, the princess is going to go there anyway. It's still snowing heavily in the northern border, and it's still very cold. Although a lot of food and supplies have been delivered, I haven't seen the situation there with my own eyes. I just want to care about it." The banner of the common people, isn't this just a good time to go and have a look?"

Gu Zhili was at a loss for words for a while, what does it mean to pretend to care about the people, how can anyone say that about himself.

Gu Zhili said helplessly: "The emperor has always cared about the people of Li. It is thanks to the emperor that the people in the northern border can have a good year this year."

Xiao Wangjun smiled, and said indifferently: "Do I still need to thank you? Those Limin people who are originally mine."

So it is only natural for him as an emperor to care about his own people. If he still needs to be thanked for this, it can only mean that he, the emperor, has failed too much. But think about his previous reputation, think about what he killed With so many civil and military officials, um...it's only natural for others to think of me, and I really have to be grateful.

Because in the eyes of many people, they did not raise the butcher's knife, which is already something they are very grateful for.

"Then this matter is so decided. You can go to the private vault tomorrow. Since your eldest brother is married to someone else, you, the younger brother, still need to send more things. My private vault is so Big, there are quite a lot of good things in it, so don't be too polite. Those things are left alone, it's useless."

Xiao Wangjun is very generous.

Gu Zhili could only thank the emperor, the expression on his face was still a little helpless, but his heart was warm.